We already have the heat here, and the desire to eat salads soars with these more degrees. But does any salad do? Are the salads that you usually prepare healthy and complete? In this article. I will give you some tips so that you can learn to prepare salad of ten, and I will also share with you some recipes.
ALSO READ: TOMATO SOUP
Table of Contents
Typical Mistakes When Preparing Salads
Introduce a few vegetables or always use the same ones. Make too small salads that will make you hungry, prepare pasta dishes that you mistakenly call “salads,” and finish them with a thick commercial sauce that has a lot of flavors but hardly any healthy ingredients, etc. There are many faults that are often made with this refreshing preparation. But we do not want these mistakes to make you give up when preparing healthy salads. That is why we will share several tips and salads. Such as one with octopus in vinaigrette or another with hearts of palm with avocado and strawberries.
ALSO READ: BEAUTIFUL WOMEN
Why Are Salads the Summer Dish?
Opting for a salad will always be a good option. Either as a starter for lunch or dinner, as a garnish for a second course, or directly as a single dish. But why?
- They fill us up: starting your lunch or dinner or accompanying your second course with a salad is a perfect way to increase the volume of that intake. In addition to helping us reach the recommended daily amounts of vegetables. Salads, like other vegetables, provide us with fiber, water, vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients play an essential role in filling us up.
- They encourage the consumption of vegetables: The world health organization recommends that we consume at least 400g between fruit or vegetables per day. The consumption of vegetables will be instructed in all ways, both raw and cooked, and the important thing is to introduce them throughout our day.
- It favors the intake of raw vegetables: vegetables. Among other nutrients, provides us with vitamins. There are vitamins, such as is the case of vitamin C, that when heat is applied when cooking. Content is reduced. That is why it is recommended to consume raw food at least once a day. In summer, it is a perfect time to boost the intake of raw vegetables, and salads are an ideal ally.
- They are easy to prepare: salads are generally perfect for preparing a quick and straightforward meal without going to the stove, which is appreciated in this heat.
Main Errors When Preparing Salads
What are the main faults we make when preparing salads?
- Sauces: Adding a sauce can be a healthy way to put the finishing touch on your salad. But… not all seasonings are the same. Commercial sauces generally contain a large amount of salt, low-quality oils, or sugars. So check the labeling of your flavorings well, or better yet, go ahead and make your dressings!
- Not all food groups are present: in case you want to make a whole salad. Always remember the idea of the plate method, all food groups being present: carbohydrates, protein, and vegetables.
Vegetables should make up ½ of your salad: you can use all kinds of vegetables such as lamb’s lettuce, arugula, white asparagus, carrots, beets, onions, tomatoes in all their varieties, peppers.
Protein should make up ¼ of your salad: you can use chicken breast of chopped chicken, legumes such as vegetable protein, smoked salmon, fresh cheese, canned tuna, crumbled cod, chopped octopus, prawns, etc.
- Natural or roasted nuts without salt, seeds, fresh cheese, dehydrated fruit without oil or added sugar, etc.
Salad Recipe Ideas
Octopus Salad with Vinaigrette
Ingredients (2 people): 1 package of cooked octopus, 250g of cherry tomatoes, ½ yellow pepper, one red onion, two avocados, fresh parsley, mustard, white vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and salt.
Preparation: to prepare this recipe for octopus with vinaigrette, start by removing the octopus from the refrigerator and letting it cool down. Meanwhile, wash the cherry tomatoes and the pepper and cut them burnoose style into 2-3 mm cubes, and julienne the onion. Reserve in the same bowl that you are going to serve the salad. Next, cut the octopus into slices and add them to the bowl. Then, cut the avocados into cubes and add them to the bowl. Finally, prepare the vinaigrette by mixing in a small bowl one tablespoon of mustard, four tablespoons of olive oil, two tablespoons of white vinegar, and salt. Mix well with a fork and pour the vinaigrette over the salad. Mix evenly with all the ingredients and decorate with some chopped fresh parsley.
Quinoa And Chicken Salad
Ingredients (1 person): quinoa, spinach leaves, cherry tomato, spring onion, diced boiled pumpkin, chicken breast, a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and spices to taste.
Preparation: Wash and dice the pumpkin and boil it. On the other hand, cook the quinoa in a pan with water (10-12 minutes), previously washed and drained. Slice the garlic cloves and lightly brown them in a frying pan. Cook the chicken breast on the grill and let cool. Clean and cut the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with the spinach leaves. Cut the chicken breast into strips and add them to the bowl. Finally, dress with oil, salt, and spices to taste.
ALSO READ: HOW TO WEAR AN OVERSIZE SHIRT
Pasta and Salmon Salad
Ingredients (1 person): whole meal pasta, salmon loin, assorted lettuce (arugula, oak lettuce leaves). Walnuts, 1-2 fresh basil leaves, juice of ½ lime, lemon zest, a tablespoon of olive oil olive, and salt.
Preparation: Cook the pasta in water and salt until al dente, drain, and reserve. Cut the salmon into cubes, add a few drops of lime and cook it on the grill or steam it and let it cool. Put the mixture of lettuce leaves you have chosen in a bowl, and add the pasta, the salmon, the chopped nuts, and the chopped fresh basil. Finally, wash a lemon and grate the peel and sprinkle the salad with the lemon zest. Season with olive oil and salt to taste and mix all the ingredients.
ALSO READ: FRACTURE SPRAIN
What is D Pharma’s Full Form? D Pharma Course, Benefits, Career Guide
D pharma full form – d pharma full form stands for Diploma in Pharmacy; this course study is done after…
Understanding the Role of Chinese Medicine in Sports Injury Recovery
Chinese medicine, an age-old practice, has gained wide acceptance and popularity over the years for its effectiveness. Its involvement in…